Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Decade Commenced, Memories Retained

Here it is. The day has come. It's been exactly 10 years since that day where everything in my life changed. I have blogged my heart out a few days ago but still, I am writing about it.

10 years. 1 decade. I don't know what's with this number but it just signifies a full circle for me. It's like a completion of a cycle - an end of the journey where you just came back home and feel rested. But could I say that? I am not certain.

To be completely honest, the events seem just like it happened yesterday. I can still feel the emotions that I've felt when I suspected that something was going on. I can still feel my heart being crushed when I saw my mom weeping as she we entered the doors of the emergency room. I can still recall the numbness upon seeing my father covered with the hospital sheet... I still hold back the tears as I tell the story once again..

Tomorrow, we'll be visiting the mausoleum. I'll get to see him once again... I miss him so much.. I don't know how to describe how I feel right now.. But I know it will all be better once I get there. That's just how it is I suppose... Even though it's 10 years ago... for a 10 year-old back then, everything could be so vivid.

No comments:

Post a Comment